Monday, March 24

antik

Antik-Batik is usually well-known for its ethnic-inspired style with African prints or Hindu influences mostly.
So I was a little surpised when I discovered these summer outfits which reminded me more of the Art Nouveau movement and particularly of Gustav Klimt paintings.

I don't know for sure if the floral-inspired motifs and the curvilinear designs were meant to be a hint of the 1900 art style but they did make me think of it. And I also found out later that the designer Gabriella Cortese got her love for embroidery from her hungarian grandmother as well as her "love for Mitteeuropa, Klimt, Kokoschka and Schiele".

From top right: Mada Primavesi 1912 and Danae 1907, by Gustav Klimt

No comments:

 
/* Tracker Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */